Your personal life experiences could have a powerful impact on the life of an individual in recovery. Train to become a Certified Peer Recovery Specialist (CPRS)!
PIK’s CPRS course is an intensive 46 hours of instruction that qualifies individuals to apply for New Jersey State Certification. With it, you will gain an understanding of the skills needed to guide, mentor, and support anyone who would like to enter into or sustain long-term recovery from an addiction to alcohol or other drugs. The skills you will learn can be applied in a wide variety of settings, including treatment centers, recovery centers, faith-based institutions, and various community settings.
Register Now for our next virtual training sessions, which begin September 25th, 2021.
Saturdays from 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM EST
Tuesdays & Thursdays from 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM EST
Training Fee: $400
Interested, but can’t join the current session? Sign up for our CPRS newsletter to be informed about our next training session!
You deserve the finest training available, and we make it easy to do by offering an interest-free payment plan. The first of four payments of $100 is due upon course registration.
The course fee is non-refundable but can be credited to a future CPRS class. Full refunds will only be given with a 10-day cancellation notice prior to the start date of the class.
To enroll in the payment plan, click here (http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=tnzv4fxab&oeidk=a07eht5pjxzc369a770) and use code PAYPLAN. After your initial payment has been processed, you will receive three invoices via PayPal for the balance owed. Final payment must be received on or before the last day of the training session in order to receive your certificate of completion. Please contact Joe Bixel at email@example.com with any questions.
When you complete this training, you will:
- Be well-equipped to provide support to individuals and family members touched by addiction in your community.
- Meet the mandatory 46 hours of training required for certification by the Addiction Professionals Certification Board of New Jersey.
- Be advised on how to continue the process to become a fully accredited CPRS.
- Gain access to a network of resources that reinforce future employment in the field.
- Not only contribute to the lives of others, but also improve your own recovery and wellbeing in the process.
Our curriculum is superior because:
- Prevention is Key was hand-picked by The Addiction Professionals Certification Board of New Jersey, Inc. to develop this peer credential.
- You’ll be trained by people who are not only well versed in the curriculum, but who actually do peer work in the field.
- Smaller class sizes offer a safe space where raw emotion and real connection can happen.
- It uses internationally recognized non-clinical approaches to help others within four domains: mentoring and education, recovery and wellness, advocacy, and ethical responsibilities.
- The peer recovery support field is expected to grow exponentially and has the potential to radically transform the ways we support people in recovery.
“One of the greatest experiences I get from teaching the CPRS curriculum is watching someone’s mind expand past their own experiences with recovery and drug use. We are building a community of strong, informed, advocates, from harm reduction to racial justice to drug reform with the CPRS training.”
“Teaching the CPRS is a passion of mine, because it is amazing to watch the transformation of the students, the motivation that they are filled with, and knowing that they are going to be the next generation of our profession. We have gone from the students to the living embodiment of the curriculum, without even consciously thinking of it. To teach materials that we live by is not like teaching history, it is teaching passion.”
– Emily Monks
Sign up for our mailing list:
Unable to attend the current session? Sign up for our newsletter to be informed about our next training sessions.
Questions? Contact Joe Bixel at firstname.lastname@example.org or 973-830-0321.