What is CARES?
The Center for Addiction Recovery Education & Success (CARES) is a peer to peer, volunteer-based recovery oriented sanctuary located in Rockaway, NJ. We exist to put a face on recovery, build recovery capital and serve as a physical location where the local recovery community can join together. CARES honors all pathways to recovery. Cares Brochure
What is Our Mission?
The Center for Addiction Recovery, Education & Success works to engage and organize the recovery community by helping individuals find, maintain, and enhance their recovery experience through peer support, educational and volunteer opportunities and sober recreation, as well as working to reduce stigma associated with substance abuse through advocacy, education and service.
In developing our mission, CARES identified four guiding principles:
- People move from dependency to interdependency;
- Reliance on the community is central to recovery;
- Competence and wisdom reside in all people with lived experience of addiction and recovery; and
- Leadership emerges naturally within the community, and positive leadership should be fostered and supported.
What is Our Vision?
CARES envisions a world where recovery from addiction is understood, promoted, embraced, and enjoyed and where all who seek recovery have access to the support, care, and resources needed to achieve long-term recovery.
- We Consider the practice of volunteerism, service, and “working with others” as a higher calling.
- We Appreciate and respect that there are multiple pathways to recovery.
- We Recognize the inter connectedness of individuals, families, and entire communities.
- We Embrace and promote recovery in individuals, families, and communities.
- We Strive to end stigma experienced by people in recovery or seeking recovery