Title: Outreach Coordinator
What are your primary duties?
• Maintain and uphold HIPPA Requirements, participant confidentiality, and DMHAS/Agency Requirements.
• Meet Program Reporting/Outcome Requirements such as data collection, monthly follow-ups with active participants, and ensure accurate reporting.
• Maintain and uphold a stigma-free environment with an emphasis of trauma informed care.
• Remain current in all upcoming trainings and certifications offered.
• Research and connect with community organizations and resources for the purpose of networking and the expansion of CARES CPRC.
• Provide recovery support services and/or activities that include yet are not limited to:
– Plan, create, invent, uplift, and improve life skills with individuals in recovery
– Strive to reduce harm of participants
– Social Events
– Recovery Coaching and Recovery Meetings/Support Groups
– Linkage to housing, resources, employment assistance, etc
• Recruit, engage, and inspire individuals within the recovery community.
Where did you go to school and what did you study? Rowan University, Glassboro NJ Majoring in Liberal Arts: Sociology and American Studies Minoring in Psychology and Africana Studies
How many years have you worked in the field? About 3 years
Why do you work in the field? I am passionate about advocacy and the field of social services, specifically peer recovery. Individuals that struggle with addiction deserve humility yet are often stigmatized, treated with impatience, without consideration of their stories that led them to their present circumstances. This field provides me with a sense of purpose, knowing that I have the ability connect with a plethora of diverse individuals and assist them to achieve the life they want and deserve.